Dutch Passport Photo specifications

The Dutch passports are valid for a period of five years from the date of issue. The rules complied by the Dutch passports are similar to those of the European Union. All passports include an embedded contactless smartcard RFID chip for storing biometric data since August 26, 2006. The requirements for the passport photo are one of the strictest and the most difficult to be followed or produced.

The Dutch government has issued clear guidelines if how the photograph has to be produced for the purpose of passport.  The passport photograph must be recently pictured, which is not more than six months old. The size of the photograph must be at least 2”X2” in measurement with a plain, uniform, light gray background. The length of the face of adults, from the chin to crown of head must be 26mm to 30mm. while in case of children aged 11 or below, the length of the face is required to be between 19mm to 30mm. The distance from one ear to another has to be between 16 mm to 20 mm for the adults. In case of children also, the distance from one ear to the other is same. The head of the subject is needed to be in the middle of the photograph. Though, the glasses can be put on, but generally it is advisable not to wear the glasses. Shadows across the face or on the background are not permissible. Hats and scarves are allowed for religious purpose. Any kind of support even to the children is not permissible.

The requirements for the visa photograph by the Netherlands consulate are specific. The size of the photograph should be 2”X2” and the recent photograph must not be 6 months old. The face of the subject should cover at least 50 percent of the area with the head at the center of the photograph. The full face front view of the applicant should face the camera directly. The color photograph should have a white background with both ears visible in color. Sunglasses or other wears are not acceptable unless required for the medical reasons, for example, an eye patch. Any person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that prevents the adequate identification is not allowed.

39 thoughts on “Dutch Passport Photo specifications

1. charles Woods

Hi, wonderful information, for nipple covers or nipple pasties, please see <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Fabric_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155129.aspx">NIPPLE COVERS</a> or <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Fabric_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155129.aspx">NIPPLE PASTIES</a> also <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Silicone_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155131.aspx">SILICONE NIPPLE COVERS</a> even <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Wholesale_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155132.aspx">WHOLESALE NIPPLE COVERS</a> for all your nipple needs

2. charles Woods

Thank you for your time and effort, a good informative post, if you are in need of nipple covers or nipple pasties, please see <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Fabric_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155129.aspx">NIPPLE COVERS</a> or <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Fabric_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155129.aspx">NIPPLE PASTIES</a> also <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Silicone_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155131.aspx">SILICONE NIPPLE COVERS</a> even <a href="http://www.nipplecovers.co.uk/Wholesale_Nipple_Covers/cat202846_155132.aspx">WHOLESALE NIPPLE COVERS</a> for all your nipple needs

3. Adam Stone

A well written piece, informative, coherent and intelligently put forward, respect due for a welcome relief from the usual trash I find online, I will be looking out for more of your work.

4. Adam Stone

A well written piece, informative, coherent and intelligently put forward, thank you for a welcome relief from the usual trash I find in blogs, I will be watching out for more of your posts.

5. Early Learning Toys

It appears that you have placed a lot of effort into your article and I require more of these on the net these days. I sincerely got a kick out of your post. I don’t really have much to say in response, I only wanted to comment to reply wonderful work.

6. Early Learning Toys

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

7. Willie Minston

It was a very nice thought! Just wanna say thank you for the selective information you have distributed. Just continue composing this kind of post. I will be your patriotic reader. Gives Thanks over again.

8. pauline johnson

Thanks for posting this article. I’m unquestionably frustrated with struggling to search out germane and brilliant commentary on this topic. Everybody now goes to the very far extremes to either drive home their viewpoint that either: everyone else in the planet is wrong, or two that everyone but them does not really understand the situation. Many thanks for your succinct, relevant insight.

9. Phantom Of The Opera